একাদশ শ্রেনির ইংরেজি প্রথমপত্র প্রস্তুতি

প্রভাষক

ঢাকা রেসিডেন্সিয়াল মডেল কলেজ, ঢাকা

Right Form of Verbs

9. The benefits of newspaper reading (a) .... (be) many. It (b) .... (give) you both pleasure and information. The news of all that happens in the world (c) .... (reach) us through newspapers. The conditions of various people of the world (d) .... (tell) through them. The economic situation of a country (e) .... (describe) in them. The achievements of great men of science are given publicity through newspapers. Newspaper also (f) (contain) views on current topics. The speeches and comments on the nwe measures (g) .... (take) by the Government (h) .... (publish) timely in newspapers. There is also news about trade and commerce, games and sports. Newspapers also (i) .... (inform) you of all important matters and (j) .... (help) you to form opinion on them.

Answer : (a) are; (b) gives; (c) reaches ; (d) are told ; (e) is described; (f) contains ; (g) taken ; (h) are published; (i) inform; (j) help

10. When I was a child I (a) · (be) afraid of the dark, and I (b) · (go) to sleep with a light on. Even then, I feared that monsters (c) · (climb) in through my bedroom windwo and kill me. And every sound I (d) · (hear) struck fear into me. Often I ran away from the room and (e) · (sleep) on the floor at the foot of my parents' bed. Nwo I (f) · (do) what I (g) · (do) as a child. However, I (h) · (be) still scared of bedtime. I hate (i) · (sleep) alone, and I still keep a tiny night-light on. And before I go to bed, I double-check every door and every windwo to make sure that they (j) · (be) locked.

Answer : (a) would be; (b) went; (c) would climb ; (d) heard ; (e) slept ; (f) do; (g) did; (h) am; (i) to sleep; (j) are

11. King Solomon (a) .... (be) famous for his wisdom. He (b) .... (bless) with extra-ordinary knowledge and it (c) .... (be) really beyond peopleÕs imagination. One day Queen of Sheba (d) .... (want) to test hwo wise he (e) .... (be). Solomon (f) .... (give) two kinds of flowers. One was natural and the other was artificial. As he (g) .... (have) a close association with nature, he (h) .... (be) successful (i) .... (differentiate) them. In this way, his reputation of multidimensional knowledge (j) .... (spread) all over the world.

Answer : (a) was; (b) was blessed; (c) was ; (d) wanted ; (e) was ; (f) was given ; (g) had ; (h) was; (i)to differentiate; (j) was spread

12. Once an Irish farmer (a) .... (need) to cross a river at a very narrwo point (b) .... (take) his young goat, his dog and a fwe large cabbages to his sister's house. His boat (c) .... (be) big enough to take him and either his goat, his dog or the cabbages. Surely, the goat (d) .... (eat) the cabbages if it (e) .... (leave) alone with them, and the goat (f) .... (devour) by the dog if the farmer (g) .... (leave) them alone. Hwo (h) .... (do) the farmer manage (i) .... (ferry) all three across safely.... In fact, there was more than one way (j) .... (get) the group safely together.

Answer : (a) needed; (b) taking; (c) was not ; (d) would eat ; (e) was left; (f) would be devoured ; (g) left ; (h) did; (i) ferrying; (j) to get

Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »