HSC STUDY ENGLISH 1ST PART

Hope you  are  in fine and fettle . This is the third part of a full model question (question no-7, 8, 9 10 &11. Read the passage and answer the questions. This will help in preparing yourself for exam.
 
7. Write a paragraph on the on “The importance of  preserving  extinct species of the world” based on the answers to the following questions.10
a. What are the extinct species of the worlds?
b. Why are they on the verge of extinction?
c. How can we preserve them?
d. Why do you think they are important?
e. Give some effective ways of preserving them.
8. The following is the beginning of a story . Complete it in your own words: 7
One day I was going to college to take my final exam at 10 am . At 9 , when I was 20 min away from my college , suddenly a sick old man ell down……………..
9.Suppose your friend participated in an inteational photography exhibition and won the first prize .Write an e-mail congratulating him/her on his/her success.                5
10.The diagrams below show the life cycle of the silkworm and the stages in the production of silk cloth.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.
11.Write down the theme of the following story ( Not more than 50 words)
He looked at me very blankly and tiredly, and then said, having to share his worry with someone, “The cat will be all right, I am sure. There is no need to be unquiet about the cat. But the others. Now what do you think about the others?”
“Why they’ll probably come through it all right.”
“You think so?”
“Why not,” I said, watching the far bank where now there were no carts.
“But what will they do under the artillery when I was told to leave because of the ‘ artillery?””Did you leave the dove cage unlocked?” I asked. 
“Yes.”
“Then they’ll fly.”
“Yes, certainly they’ll fly. But the others. It’s better not to think about the others,” he said.
“If you are rested I would go,” I urged. “Get up and try to walk now.”
“Thank you,” he said and got to his feet, swayed from side to side and then sat down backwards in the dust.
“I was taking care of animals,” he said dully, but no longer to me. “I was only taking care of animals.”
There was nothing to do about him. It was Easter Sunday and the Fascists were advancing toward the Ebro. It was a gray overcast day with a low ceiling so their planes were not up. That and the fact that cats know how to look after themselves was all the good luck that old man would ever have.

Swapan Halder,
 lecturer
 English Department
Notre Dame College, Dhaka

Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »